Australian Genomics supports government-funded genomic research projects, distils research outcomes to inform policy and practice, and progresses national standards for genomic data management.
Our national and international networks bring together clinicians, diagnosticians, researchers, bioinformaticians, industry, policy makers, and consumers who are united in their aim to achieve equitable and appropriate applications of genomics in healthcare.
- Promote ethical, legal and social responsibility in the application of genomic knowledge
- Ensure the safe, responsible and appropriate use and storage of genomic and medical data
- Ensure patients and their families are treated with respect and dignity at all times
- Promote responsible sharing of genomic and clinical data
- Facilitate the equitable uptake of, and access to, genomic medicine
- Foster an informed and inclusive community of understanding around genomic healthcare